Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

Some quick personal notes

I've completed my analysis of the statewide ballot propositions, and anybody who would like to read my thoughts in order should send me their e-mail address and I'll be happy to send them to you. I've posted most of them, but I'm happy to send them to you in one document in numerical order.

.....

Asher got another two goals today, and blocked a would-be goal against the Blue Sharks in Fortuna. He also inadvertently knocked the ball into his own goal, but hey, he made up for it, right?

.....

Couldn't make it to the CLMP event tonight. I'm preparing a "haunted forest" vegetable dish for Asher's Halloween teamed birthday party tomorrow (I wonder if he's going to get sick of Halloween themes for his birthday). Priorities.

Please feel free to report on the event here.

.....

We got hit with some minor vandalism last night. Some teenagers painted on a bunch of cars in the neighborhood, and TPed a couple more last night. Fortunately it was water soluble paint. It wasn't Shakespeare. One one of our cars they painted "I (heart) penis." On another one, they painted "Go penis." That was pretty much it around the neighborhood except for one "I (heart) dick." Oh, and it was done in the South Fork High colors, so at least they exhibited some school spirit.

My wife was annoyed more so than I. When I suggested that it was harmless, she responded, "it's disrespectful." Well, it is certainly. I'm wondering if I'm more willing to give it a pass because it was obviously girls - not just the subject matter, but the writing was very neat and stylish. Well, okay, that's a bit of a stereotypical assumption, but I'm pretty sure it was girls.

So I called the Sheriff. Two cars showed! Must have been a slow morning.

Comments:
Oh Eric, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us commoners.
 
Well, setting aside the sarcasm, I try to make them interesting. Some people have said they found my thoughts helpful and so I make them available. I try to provide enough information to make them helpful even if you ultimately draw a different conclusion.
 
Two Sheriffs cars ! Gooly gee you really are an important dude.
 
Was your car with the I heart Penis a white van? Because I saw that on a white mini van.
 
No, that was my neighbor's van.
 
Are you sure they weren't calling you a dickhead?
 
Well, they did it to everybody on the block. But I can't say for certain what they meant in any case.

One of the deputies speculated that a young woman had her first experience and wanted to share it with the rest of us. It was certainly festive in appearance.
 
One of the deputies speculated that a young woman had her first experience and wanted to share it with the rest of us. It was certainly festive in appearance.



You might want to let the Sgt know the deputy said that. Very unprofessional on his part.
 
I've heard much, much worse from deputies. I don't think it'll make much of an impression.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Click for www.electoral-vote.com