Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 

Estelle to kick off her campaign next week

I received a telephone call from the campaign earlier tonight. They are planning a rally at the Garberville fire department on Locust Street at noon next Wednesday. They're making the rounds as several others including my next door neighbor reported receiving calls. I also spoke to somebody from the northern part of the county (Eureka) who will be helping with her campaign, and it sounds like Estelle's wheels are spinning.

I almost forgot that I have a radio show tomorrow night. I was reminded when the person I'd intended to interview called me to cancel. Cristina's up north covering trials and hearings, so I'm probably going to have to improvise tomorrow night. Let's plan to discuss national and local politics. It'll be one of my caller-driven shows, which I'm long overdue for. And if nobody calls, I'm just going to sing.

Any requests? How about my Ethel Mermon impression?

Comments:
Eric,

Maybe you could sing "Singing in the Rain" ala Malcolm MacDowell, in A Clockwork Orange?
 
"I get no kicks from champagne..."
 
Play melancholy baby!
 
mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all....

Play another starry night, man! (Joni Mitchell, circa "Court and Spark")
 
Are these requests for Estelle or for Eric?
 
I hope to God Eric does not inflict public singing on anyone. Estelle would be OK but please do not let Eric sing. Stop him before it's too late!
 
I got a call too. Told the person I'm voting for Clif.
How about singing "I enjoy being a girl"!!!!
 
"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair!"
 
...it sounds like Estelle's wheels are spinning.

Humm. Maybe she ought to ease off the gas pedal, shift from reverse to forward a few times while popping the clutch, and rock her way out of the predicament. Doesn't she have AAA?
 
You should talk about Cuba. Infidel Castro giving up the reigns of power is a major event.
 
Are VFDs able to support Supervisorial candidates without risk to their non-profit status?
 
So Estelle is going to kick off her campaign at the G'ville Fire Dept.

Will that be with or without a megaphone?

How many times will she be able to fit Canoe fire into a sentence?

Has 9ui11iani endorsed her yet?
 
Are VFDs able to support Supervisorial candidates without risk to their non-profit status?

No, they can't endorse. But individual members can.
 
You should talk about Cuba. Infidel Castro giving up the reigns of power is a major event.

Already have a post up about it. I'll be posting something longer when I have the time to finish it.
 
Oh, for the radio show! Hey, good point.
 
Does anyone know what Clif's position is on the Reggae wars?
For some around here that seems to be their only issue.
 
Will Fidel be retiring in Miami?
 
What can Estelle do to remove the new homeless shelter from Redway? As if we didn't have enough adress challenged vagrants living here. I am not interested in supporting the people the government won't.
 
What new homeless shelter in Redway?
 
It opened last night according to what I heard on Thank Jah this AM.
 
yes , I want to here the Ethel Merman impersonation!!!!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Click for www.electoral-vote.com